Next week I'm heading out to the International Climbers Festival in Lander, Wyoming.
In preparation for that I thought I'd put together a gear load out and some high level goals I'm looking forward to.
I stumbled upon a site called Kit some time ago, and kinda re-stumbled upon it again recently.
If you're interested in seeing most of what I'll be taking you can see it below or find it here.
If you have any questions give me a shout!
- Photographically, I will be shooting some commercial work for a client and event stuff for the festival. I'll also just generally be clicking a lot and putting my camera gear to hard work.
- WASR: An impetus for this trip was to raise awareness and money for the Access Fund by selling my book. Lots of networking and explaining to be had there.
- Explore the Lander area, and climb some new places.
- Awesome CLINICS!!! On deck for me are:
- NOLS: Intro To Managing Back Country Injuries.
- Edelrid: Multipitch and improvised anchors in the alpine with Shingo Ohkawa
- I'm also assisting Julie Ellison with the Climbing Magazine: Photo Clinic. (YAY Rock Climbing Photography!)
On a more personal and possibly meta level. I've had a hard time adjusting to the climbing community here in Portland.
I have a handful of good connections, but not nearly as much as I'd like considering I've lived here for nearly 10 years.
So part of going to Lander for me is to connect with the people. I'm looking forward to meeting new friends from many places. More than that I'm looking forward to feeling that sense of adventure and inspiration from other folks who are stoked about climbing.
So for now I'll post this up. Look for me on Facebook, Snapchat, and mostly Instagram where I'll be sharing some behind the scenes and live streams along the way of my adventures.